Our coaching program is on hiatus. We began this while we were taking a break from our in-person events, and now that we're gearing up for a workshop sprint in Prague, we'll be pausing coaching until the end of 2022.
We find that two minds are often better than one, and we’d like to offer ours to help you.
CFAR has traditionally run workshops at a venue where we’ve noticed that progress can happen much faster in contact with other people. Workshops have also been one of the main places where we get to watch minds at work on real problems (which is central to what we categorize as “rationality R&D”).
With this break on large in-person events, we’re experimenting with a new rationality coaching program. We’re hoping that it will have mutual benefits of helping you make progress on things you care about, and helping us learn about how progress can happen by being in contact with that.
Our list of coaches is below. If you click through to their descriptions, you’ll find a wide variety of approaches; we encourage you to try out a session with one or more that seem compelling. The first session with each coach is free, and later sessions are just $40/hour at this stage of beta testing.
Click on a coach to find out more:
Fees and cancellation policy:
- The first session with each coach is free.
- Later sessions are $40/hour (for now).
- Scheduling a session with a coach is considered a ‘session request’—the coach may decline the request at least 24 hours in advance of the session if they don’t think it’s a good match.
- Participants get a full refund if they cancel a session at least 24 hours in advance, and no refund otherwise.
- After booking a session, you will be automatically redirected to our PayPal page for coaching payments. For first sessions, no need to do anything. Otherwise, payment is due at the start of the session.